- Health and Wellness
At Counseling for Action, my special therapeutic focus is helping people and families who are rebuilding their sense of self or their family relationships after disorienting experiences such as coming out, dealing with trauma or grief, or rebuilding after a divorce. I work with abuse survivors, immigrants, and military families and returning veterans---helping people re-set after events that shifted the family. I also work with people who are living with chronic illnesses such as auto-immune disorders or recurring mood disorders. I believe that everyone and every family has some areas of strength in their life. These might be found in family, culture, religious beliefs, or Self. These resources can help people deal with problems. I also believe that being centered around your own values can help you get back on track after big changes. Because I often work with people who are going through a period of change or recovery, I help my clients meet their own goals by helping them identify their values and their sources of strength. Then we can draw on these to aid recovery. This means people can live a life that reflects their own values and move freely towards their own life goals.
- Diversity-friendly individual therapy for children, teens, and adults
- Family therapy for diverse families; LGBTQ- and poly-friendly
- Trauma-informed psychotherapy
- Size-diversity friendly therapy using the Health At Every Size (HAES) approach
- Clinical supervision from an AAMFT-Approved Supervisor
Whom to Contact
- (K'Ailsa) Kaye-Ailsa RowanLicensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT 47779)4010 Moorpark AveSte 118San Jose, California 95117Phone: (408) 390-3680
Once you arrive at The Garden Alameda, park near the 1520 building (corner nearest The Bank of America) and follow signs to the Palm Cafe. Our suite door is directly opposite the Cafe.